Friday 4 December 2015

Christmas Cake

In my opinion, Christmas cake is a bit like marmite - you either love it or you hate it!
I used to hate it, until a couple of years back when I made my own. My now-love for it may have come from the fact that it takes so long to make, and I enjoy cooking/baking so much. My favourite recipe is from goodfood and here's how I did mine this year:

First, you need to boil the dry fruits in your alcohol, butter and sugar. I used a selection of dried fruits including raisins, figs and of course, cherries. You also need to add the zest of an orange and a lemon. After this has being boiling for 5 mins, you need to leave the mixture to cool for 30 mins.
Now its time to add in all the ingredients and make sure that it is stirred well.
Then, transfer to a baking paper-lined cake tin.
 Now, place your cake in a preheated oven at 150C for 2 hours. Once cooked, poke holes in the top and pour over 2 tablespoons of your alcohol of choice. I choose whisky (as this is what we had in the cupboard!)
Then you transfer it in the baking paper to a cake tin. You will need to feed the cake every 2 weeks with even more alcohol before decorating. 

Look out for my Christmas cake decoration blog!

Love Sophia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment