Monday 1 May 2017

Slimming world update

I am 4 weeks in to Slimming World now and I have lost a total of 11lbs. Thats pretty amazing if I do say so myself!

I haven't found it too hard to stick to, although you do have to plan, plan and plan. I have even started planning my breakfast and lunch, as well as dinner, although I have always been good at meal planning for dinner anyway. I have mini goals of what weight I want to achieve at certain times, one being my holiday to Centre Parcs on the 8th May, for which I want to lose a stone (that means I have 3lbs to lose this week). It's quite a bit to loose in just one week but I am going to give it a really good go!!!

Some of my favourite recipes so far have been:

Sweet Chilli Chicken - for this, I use skinless chicken thighs, sweet chilli sauce, chilli, soya sauce, garlic and ginger. I serve it with egg fried rice, which is just rice, egg, peas and soya sauce. It's just an easy and quick recipe which is so scummy. I think I could eat this every day. 

Another favourite is good old Spag Bol - This is a good one to get tons of vegetables in (speed foods) and also one of Jackson's favourite's too, so it's a good family recipe. 

If I had to give some top tips on keeping to the program, they would include:
  • The app - If you're out and about or you are unsure on what syns an item of food has, it's really easy to check.
  • Muller Light Yogurt, especially the chocolate sprinkle ones, are such a good sugar fix for when you are craving dessert!
  • I get the 'Hi-Fi Light Bars' from the meetings and they are brilliant. Plus, you can use them as your 'Healthy Extra B'. 
  • My most recent find (another sugary one) is Mcvitie's Thins. They are only 1.5 syns each and really satisfy your cravings.   
  • The last one is my 'Hydrate m8' bottle, which is brilliant for making sure that you are drinking enough water. 
Are any of you doing Slimming World? Any more tips? 

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment