Monday 1 January 2018

2018 goals

Looking back at my 2017 goals, it seems forever ago that I made them. This year has gone by in a flash!!!

2017 goals: 

1. Have a good birth and a healthy baby - I had a C-Section with Jackson and I would love to have a natural birth this time but my obvious main priority is a healthy baby, so I will go with whatever the professionals tell me is best. - I managed a natural birth with NO pain relief at all!!! The recovery was nothing compared to last time which is the main reason that I wanted to go down the natural route, so I am very pleased. 

2. Take a family holiday aboard; Chris and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage this Summer and we want to go away as a family of 4 for the first time! - We had a few holidays this year so in the end we went away in the UK for a few days, which was just as amazing.


3. I love writing for my blog, which is something I never thought that I would do. However, I would also like to focus more on the other side of the blogging world and hopefully take it to the next level. - So, after having a baby, going back to work and then having to re-train my blogging, I have actually taken a massive step back and I am soooooo missing it now!!!

4. Vlog more - I want to video as much as possible when this baby is little and show how Jackson goes from an only child to a big brother! - Same as above unfortunately.

5. Lose the baby weight for Chloe's wedding - it doesn't give me long after baby is due (about 6 months) but I just want to do my best to get back into shape! - I didn't lose all of the baby weight but I'm getting there. One hobby that I did start this year was running and I ran my first 5k event in December.

My goals for 2018: 

1. As I mentioned, I have started running, and this year I want to get up to running 10k. 

2. Get back to blogging/vlogging. I'm not sure what exactly has happened but with work and the kids, I have lost a bit of my 'me time', which I would normally spend writing & filming posts.

3. We have started to think about it, but I want to properly look in to moving house, whether that just means saving more or actually making the big move. 

4. Once a month, I want to minimalise one room. I don't think that we have too much unwanted clutter but we are beginning to max-out the space we have at home! 

5. This is a big year for Jackson as he's starting pre-school. We are yet to make the finial decision on where & when but it's a big step, so I want to make sure that we have some one-to-one time together. Even if this is just an hour on a Sunday or most nights reading bedtime stories together because before I know it, this year will fly by again and we will be choosing schools by that point.

I'm also going to do a self improvement year for 2018. Each month, I am going to set myself some mini goals, hoping that after each month, the goals will become habit and I'll stick to them. For example: 
  • Exercising 5 times a week 
  • Styling my hair each day 
  • Drinking 2 litres of water each day
  • Ensure we go outside to play each day (even if it is jumping in puddles!)
Some will be unrealistic to continue throughout the whole year but I think if I do it for a whole month, then it will start to become 'normal' in my general routine.

For the month of January, I aim to do 10,000 steps per day. 

What are some of your goals for the New Year? 

Love Sophia xx


No comments:

Post a Comment