Tuesday 23 January 2018

Why I blog

I have never really thought of the reason why I blog, it is just something that, one day, I decided to do. I once saw a post on Facebook saying 'I've become a mum so I have started a blog', and that pretty much sums me up.

Part of the reason I do it is because of the fact that my family is scattered around the world and especially for my Yaya, who is at the age that means she isn't really an IPhone fan, but is more than capable of looking at Facebook and I can really tell how much she appreciates it. I also think that she thinks I'm famous because of my youtube videos, ha!

Another reason is that I am and always have been a busy body. Don't get me wrong, I do like to relax and watch TV but even then I like to be looking on the internet, meal planning or looking at holidays that I want to go on. My friend Kirsty, who is sadly not with us anymore, used to say that I always have 101 things to do, which is very true!!! I took a year off for maternity leave, which I loved but I needed to find something new as a hobby that I could also do with Jackson being around.

I have to admit, the main satisfaction I get from blogging is not only have I got a hobby, I have these amazing memories to look back on. Why don't you write and not share I hear you say? Basically, it makes me do it and gives me deadlines to get posts done by. I think up titles or topics and make myself write about it - if I wasn't doing it for a blog, something else would surely get in the way and I would never get them done!

The whole reason that I chose to write this blog was because I was looking at my stats, something I really don't look at very often, but I was wanting to see which were my top 5 post and the one that was amongst them was an open letter to Jackson, when he was 14 months old. I read it and cried, I cried because not only do I write about how much I love him but also I cried about what I had forgotten about. His smile that used to greet me when I got him up in the morning (I am now greeted with either a bogey he wants to give me or him telling me he's done a poo, which I am sure will be another memory I will cry about in the future. I also forgot about his crying when he teethed, something at the time I wanted to forget but now I remember the cuddles and naps he had on my chest, when he needed comforting.

Thank you so much for reading my little blog posts and for commenting and sharing.

Love Sophia xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment